Saturday, October 29, 2011

Are you kidding me?! Pt 2




....The Lord is faithful and here is the continued story from a previous post titled: 

Walking out life trusting the Lord is not as easy/convenient/fun as it may sound.
When the Lord tells you one thing, it seems that everyone else has something different to say:

~get your resume' together
~move to KC
~women's shelter
~live with your outlaws
~move to TN
~craigslist
~go back to school
~Mclean Bible website
~move to Wisconsin
..just to name a few

This lead me to open up the Word of God and see if there wasn't someone else who God told to do something that didn't really make sense and see how they handled it:

vs14"Make yourself an ark of cypress wood; make rooms in the ark...Make a roof for the ark.. and  put the door of the ark in its side; make it with lower, second and third decks. For my part, I am going to bring a flood of waters on the earth, to destroy from under heaven all flesh in which is the breath of life; everything that is on the earth shall die. But I will establish my covenant with you; and you shall come into the ark, you , your sons, your wife, and your sons' wives with you."

vs22"Noah did this; he did all that God commanded him." 

If you are a serious theologian, then you know that a huge flood came, there were lots of animals, 2x2 on the arc, and everyone on the earth, except the arc dwellers, died. 
I decided to listen to the Lord. I waited. I trusted...
except that one time when I got on craigslist and got a heavenly smack on the hand.

The thing was that I could have stayed in the apartment but I just didn't have the money for it minor details. I had to be out, or write a check by the 7th of January.
A check, from a random person, was handed to me on the 3rd of January.
And this continued, getting a check from random people, 

FOR 7 MONTHS!!!

I put in my notice but found out it was a 60 day notice instead of a 30 day And of course I blogged about it It's time....
The rent was paid for until I officially moved out on August 8th.
When the Lord says to wait & trust the only thing to do is wait & trust. 
HE is ridiculously faithful. 
Stupid faithful.
I promise.

Then HE told me to go and I went....
but that is a whole 'nother story.

Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. thank you for sharing. In a similar financial situation and its encouraging to hear that the Lord is faithful!!

    ReplyDelete