Monday, August 2, 2010

a Stripper?

I made cookies today. When I took them out of the oven, I thought they looked a bit funny. Then...I realized I forgot to add the flour. I am a cook. not a baker. I like to put in what I want and when you bake, it just doesn't work like that.

I love this picture. I saw it online and had to steal it. I love the couch and the chairs and the walls and the ceiling. I love it all. My heart was a bit heavy today. I don't know if it was just the complete lack of quality sleep this weekend or the fact that I payed bills and, well, we know how stressful that can be, but nonetheless, my heart was a bit heavy. I am so glad that my dear friend V. came over. That helped to process things.

I realized that my vision is much bigger than my reality. I see big things in my future. Really big things. Then, I look at my reality. I am then reminded of Noah. He didn't just build that huge boat overnight. It took years and years and years and a whole heck of a lot of work. I am ready to work. The sermon Sunday was great. Talking about faith and whatnot.  I am realizing that this time is the time of sowing into the next chapter. A year from now, my life will look completely different. The things that I do today and tomorrow will effect a year from now. It is time to get busy. To start sowing into my business, to sow deeper into my relationships and my mailbox community of eleven.

Mailbox community. I love you. Hearing your voice on paper is priceless.

Why did 3 people last week, from the lounge that I work at on the weekends, guess that my other job was a stripper?? I am confused by this. Very confused. I was not, in any way, dressed in a way that would remotely encourage the word STRIPPER to pop into the mind of the guesser. Hmm. Maybe I should just stop having people guess what it is I do. No..Its kinda fun to hear the guesses. I also get Police Officer, Firefighter, PR, hairstylist...hmmm.

I just remembered what I wanted to blog about and none of this was it. Gotta go find another pic. I will wait till after midnight to post though so I don't seem to blog happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment