Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Are you kidding me?!


The Lord is faithful.
There are so many little stories that I could tell you about how faithful HE has been in these most recent chapters of my story, and I feel that it is now time to start sharing these stories:

Last November/December was a crazy time for me. The lease for my apartment was up the first week of January and I couldn't afford my 1,200$ a month rent as a single mom. Graciously, some dear friends of mine knew my situation and offered their home to me. We had been talking about this idea a bit since  September and they were more than ready to have Bailey and I in their home. How awesome was that!!! So, as I started to pack(late November), I called to see which weekend would be best to start moving in. The person said, "oh, I am sorry, it's not going to work out.".....

WHAT?!
HUH...
What do you mean it's not going to work out.....
Did we not have a few months worth of conversation about this? 

I was beyond confused but knew the Lord was at work.
So, early December, another friend sits down with me and explains that they need au pair and that I could live with them AND they would pay me. What an amazing opportunity! I was looking to transition jobs and the location would be perfect and I would get to spend my days with Bailey. They needed someone right at the new year too! This was amazing and right on time! 

Journal entry Dec9th:
 'When things don’t seem like they will work out, HE makes an even better way than what we could expect'

So Christmas Eve, I get a call from them saying, "It's not going to work out."

ARE 
YOU 
KIDDING ME!!!!!
At this point, I had 2 weeks to be out of my apartment. I could stay but I didn't have the money.
I mean, is 1200$ just suppose to show up from nowhere?

Journal entry Dec 31st:
'I have no clue what 6 months from now will look like. Who is to say that I won’t be some women’s shelter somewhere. As I was just thinking that, I heard in my head, “I am about to…”. God is about to. I just have to wait on HIM. I have to wait on the LORD. WAIT on the LORD. It is so hard...Things might get harder before they get easier but something in my spirit says its going to be worth it.'

So there I was, days before I had to be out of my unpacked apartment with no money and I feel like I am just suppose to trust the Lord. 
Just wait and trust. 
Here is the post I wrote: 2010


To be continued....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment