Monday, June 6, 2011

It's time..


"For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven:
a time to throw away stones, and a time to gather stones together; 
a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
a time to seek, and a time to lose;
a time to keep, and a time to throw away;" 
Ecclesiastes 3:1,5/6

I have never before read those lines. The sweet little morsels were sandwiched between the lines I have frequently heard about being born and dying; war and peace. 
Something new is happening. 
I do not know what it looks like just yet but I am committed to the story and to finding out what the next chapters holds.
I have been in a season of WAIT and my soul is feeling the pull to GO.
I know not where; I know not when, but as I read the Word of God, I see over and over again a little line that pierces my heart. 
"as they went".
The Lord shows up over and over again as people were on the journey somewhere. I don't think these folk expected God to show up along the journey. I think they were waiting for the destination. I think we do this all to often. 

'When I get married..."
"When I get that job..."
"When I move to.........."

It is time. 
I. am. going. 
I fully expect the Lord to show up as I go. The destination is great and I am excited for it, but the transformation that is going to happen in these next few pages is way more critical to the story than where I actually end up. 
I am not scared as I walk into the unknown.
I am frightened for what would happen if I stay put.... 





No comments:

Post a Comment