Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The anti-hoarder

Hello, My name is Bre. I am the anti-hoarder.
I don't like stuff. 
There is nothing more exciting for me than to fill up a bag and heave it into the dumpster. 
I am not scared of throwing things out.
I realize that because of this, my child will have few memories but I am okay with that. 
I will take pictures of her things.

Yesterday, I had my much awaited project ready for me. I have been dreading this for quite sometime.

Exhibit A. The Hall Closet


So. Step 1 of cleaning out something like this: Take everything out and spread it throughout the hall so that you have to do something with it. You can't just leave it. You will be so ready to be done with this project that you just start throwing stuff away. 
I don't have a pic of the hall but 5 minutes after opening the closet it looked like this:


I vacuumed and Bailey played in the closet for the next hour while I sorted everything out. I ended up throwing out 2.5 bags full of stuff. some of the things I threw out I might need in the 'future' (as mom says) but I have full confidence that I can call someone, who has a house full of stuff, and they will have 3 of what I so desperately need. 
After a few hours, yes it took hours, I was more than pleased with the results:


(No, there is not food in those pyrex dishes. I don't normally use those so why keep them in my little kitchen)

Do you know someone who's closet looks like the before pic? Why not share this post with them. :)

1 comment:

  1. I can totally relate! I hate stuff too, and from reading your post today, I am encouraged to "clean out" this weekend. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete