Friday, May 14, 2010

To be honest with you...

yes dear Beckham. I won't tell them anything! don't you worry. now go kick a ball.
Do you ever have those moments, days, weeks or even years where life just sucks? Me too, yet right now and for the past 3 days or so, life feels PERFECT. And I mean PERFECT. I can't explain it at all. It feels as though everything has aligned in the heavens.
I was made for this moment. For this day. For this page of my story.
I feel alive like never before. I feel my heart beating and I hear my breath. It is THE coolest thing ever. I know it will not always be like this so I am just going to soak it all up while I can and write down as much of it as possible so that I will never forget this.
The sweet isn't as sweet without the bitter.
I thought of this today as I was thanking God for my story and for the things that I can't see and the upcoming chapters. The Lord has been speaking vERy loudly to my heart this one word:
WAiT
I mean.....It's not the clearest of words to be spoken to a person but I think I kinda get it. I am all about going. As a type A, that is what we do. Get the job done. 'Don't put off for tomorrow what can be done today'. That quote sounds so perfect to me but...WAIT?!
I am learning the hard way in this season how to keep my mouth SHUT!!
I may or may not like to talk. May or may not.
I am learning to shut up more and to be honest with you, it is not very easy...but neither was learning to drive a manual, box fold a shirt, scale and debride a tooth, fold a fitted sheet, cook a juicy piece of chicken that was juicy AND cooked all the way through, make it to Kansas City with a 2 year old and a layover and a carseat and luggage and a carry on and hem a skirt but I somehow figured all of that out so how hard can shutting my mouth be..??
VERY HARD!!
There is something so powerful and beautiful in the restraint. I can feel it. I like it. It is new. I am learning. It flows into everything from that joke I was about to spew off or the little remark or the 'did you know that...' I am becoming more and more aware of it all and my soul is glad that my mouth has slowed down. maybe that is why i started blogging. i mean...i am not really TALKING. 
oh. and to give you some feedback from the previous post...the girl said that I could come to her wedding so KC here I come the week of July 3rd!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment