Saturday, April 17, 2010

I want...

There are so many things I would love to do now. Not now but in the near future. The first thing that keeps popping in my head tonight is going to Europe. I think I have been listening to way to much Lisa Hannigan and Damien Rice but I want to go. I don't really care which part. Norway would be in the top 5 and Ireland sounds lovely. I mean, the accent sounds lovely. I am sure it is breathtaking. I LOVE ACCENTS. I love that there is a story behind them. They, whoever has an accent, so everyone to someone, are from somewhere else, if the accent isn't my own, and they have a story. I lean more towards the European accent any day though. I pick up accents and languages fairly quickly so I am sure that wherever I go, I will come back talking like a local. I love that.

I want to skydive. Why? Because I am deathly afraid of heights. I am deathly afraid of water too. Big water.  A month ago, I walked on this random, crazy scary little bridge out over some crazy body of water. I was scared but knew if I fell in that J. would first laugh then jump in and help me out. I really was scared about that. Gotta face your fears right? I thought I faced my water and heights fear when I went cliff jumping in Jamaica. That was the dumbest thing I could have done. I am not a great swimmer either. It was one of those things that when you are in mid air, you realize what the heck you just did and start to panic but before your sympathetic nervous system can kick in, you are hitting water and better figure it out. So dumb. So scary. I would never do that again. Not on purpose anyways. So skydiving. Sounds crazy and dumb but I am up for it just once. Why not..

I want to take a roadtrip with my brothers. We shall do that this summer when I go to K.C to visit. I want to go to St.Louis. Not too far but far enough being in the car with my bro's. We should go to a show and eat a lot and listen to lil wayne or one of them lil's.

I want to go to a restaurant and have them teach me how to cook. For example, my favorite Thai place is Grand Thai. I became friends with the owner because I used to go there so much and he and the sushi chef said I could come in sometime during the week when they were slow and they would teach me about sushi. I love food. I love to cook. I love to learn. Perfect.

I want to fly somewhere by myself. Maybe this could be Europe or my beach trip that I am praying for. Every time I fly, I am entertaining a child by myself. I am always jealous of that chic who has her book and her headphone and neck pillow. She always has good snacks that I want in her little bag. I have crayons and gold fish. Just me and a book and my ticket. ( I am sure I will get placed near the screaming baby though)

I want peace in my day and a few great companions who are gonna walk with me thru the pages of my story. I said on facebook today that I feel like Frodo. Frodo Baggins of the Shire. It is time to return the ring and all that the ring symbolizes. I am carefully picking those few who will battle with me. I know there will be good days and bad days and lots of lonely days but it is not about just me. There is a story to be told. A story that will impact the characters in the later chapters. I don't know the next chapter. I don't even know the end of this page. I do know its an adventure. A friend of mine, G. said that God invites us to go on the journey. We don't have to. He just simply invites.

My bags are packed. Let's go! (maybe I should update my passport :)

No comments:

Post a Comment