Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Killing Me Softly


As I sit on this patio at a coffee shop in Kansas City, I am plagued with the smell of cigarette smoke. 
Why do people still smoke? I think to myself. 
Don't these people know how bad smoking is for their body?
Why would you purposely put toxins in your body.
Why would you kill your cells one by one day after day.
Then I thought:
What do I do, day by day, bit by bit, that slowly kills my body, my soul, my mind.

Thoughts of past rejections silently kill my self-esteem.
Musical fumes laced with money & power quietly strum their beat in my heart.
Small doses of fear and doubt go down smooth every 4-6 hours. 
And I die a little bit everyday.

It is time that I wake up. It is time that you wake up. It is time we get the junk out. That we are aware of what we put in our bodies; in our minds; in our souls. 

It is my heart to change lives one closet at a time. 
One meal at a time. 
One conversation at a time. 
One day at a time.

What is on your heart?


No comments:

Post a Comment