Thursday, April 14, 2011

Coffee talk...Nashville Airport



This might be the best coffee talk ever. 
I flew into Nashville Airport this morning and have pretty much all day free. As I was wondering what I was going to do in this lovely city, I took a stop at the Starbucks near terminal C. To my viewing pleasure, I saw what appeared to be a man with headphones setting up his drum kit. In the AIRPORT! So I got excited. 
Then comes another man with a little black case which was holding the most perfect of trumpets. 
Then this super tall fellow wearing a white Kangol comes on the stage. 
The quartet is completed with a crazy haired Samoan lookin guy carrying an upright bass.
And all is well with the world. 

I just love airports. This might be my favorite airport experience. My favorite is walking past each gate and seeing where the folks are headed. 

Destination: Orange County
-60yr old white woman wearing Hermes with a 30 thousand dollar face.
 I mean...this lady. Is she serious? Does she think she really looks younger???

Destination: Dallas Fort Worth
-1 pink cowboy hat, 1white one, 3 brown.
-8 pair of cowboy boots; one pink
-Camo
-Carharts
-The most lovely of cowboys

Destination: Albuquerque 
-Turquoise earrings; four pair
-2 dreamcatchers

Destination: Any place in Florida
-Tommy Bahama polos
-worn out flip flops

Destination: Any midwestern town
-sweatpants and children


This is a great day. Listening to this amazing music makes for a great start to the weekend. I love watching the people tap their toes to the beat some are even tapping off beat. how does that happen? I love that a little boy grabbed a chair and pulled it up right next to the piano and sat so confidently. My ears are thankful for this time here in the airport. Thank you Nashville! 

No comments:

Post a Comment