Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Egypt

"HE gives strength to those who are tired and more power to those who are weak"
-Isaiah 40:29


I love that spring is right around the corner. Promises of newness await. I am loving my hour commute to work. That time of solitude with my God and with some great music. As I was driving today, I couldn't help but be thankful for all the Lord has allowed in my life. I am loving how the 'testing of our faith develops perseverance' (James 1:3). I feel so much stronger this year. I have more faith and trust in my God than I ever have. I am so thankful for the crazy prayer of, "Lord, do what it takes in my life to get me where you want me". I remember praying that a few years ago. I prayed it again today, remembering the wrecking ball that demolished my life the last time I prayed it. But this time, I didn't pray it in a hesitant manner. I know that the Lord is faithful to do what HE says. I know the Lord is about bringing us into HIM. I know the Lord is good and gracious and loves us with an ardent love. He is jealous and a warrior and kind. He knows all and can see what I can't. So, I pray it with a trust in my soul that I didn't have last time. With a knowing that things are not going to go the way I imagine. 

I am running hard after the Lord. I am seeking first His kingdom. Let's see where that takes me....

1 comment:

  1. What a powerful prayer. And yes, a bit dangerous. But it's amazing to know that we can trust him even we are shaken to the foundation. He always rebuilds. "Reckless in His Grace".

    ReplyDelete