Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Modern Vintage

It's kinda the look right now. When you have two great concepts, why would you not put them together?Look at the magic that can be made. You can't rush this look. Pieces must be collected slowly over time. Although the look may seem thrown together, the designer and assistants are the only ones who know the ridiculous amount of time and effort this "look" actually took. Careful planning and timely execution is key. The space must be edited over and over again. Feedback is good, as long as it is from one who understands the whole Modern Vintage concept.  A "Shabby Chic"er might not jump on board. It is easy to just do a modern look or a vintage look. The combination of two concepts takes a lot more work. The payoff is worth it. As I am sitting on my porch, bumming internet and dreaming of a re-do of my place, I hear a yelp, which sounds as if a baby leopard has just been choked repeatedly by a WWE wrestler. Or. It could be a large, adult rat getting ran over by a scooter. It is a weird sound and I am not sure what to do about it.....I still hear a faint crying. Maybe a baby. So, what did I do about the disturbing noise? I searched for a better picture to describe this modern vintage concept, changed songs on my itunes and turned it up just one notch.

2 comments: