Thursday, July 15, 2010

sweet/bitter.


Life is wonderful right now.
 Bailey is sleeping in my bed, the dishwasher is running, candles lit, teapot is whistling, kitchen is clean and my two dear friends just left(not glad they left but very glad for our evening together). What a surreal moment. The LORD really does make all things beautiful. Just in time. I feel like the 'just in time' part gets looked over but it's key. Some time ago (almost a year ago) I was reading this verse:

"For the LORD has called you like a wife forsaken and grieved in spirit, like the wife of a man's youth when she is cast off, says your God. For a brief moment I abandoned you, but with great compassion I will gather you." Isaiah 54:6

I really feel as though I walked out the first part of that verse this past year. I have spent many a nights wondering where my husband was, questioning God and why he would have ME go through this. I mean, clearly I am so great that stuff like "this" shouldn't be happening to me...right? WRONG!!. Not so great ms. bre. not.so.great.  , listening to Jason Upton and Laura Hackett and crying out words that I didn't yet believe. 

The sweet isn't as sweet without the bitter.

My life is so sweet. 
I am being gathered. 

No comments:

Post a Comment